SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just got my Ipod cable from genuinesaab.com,
and iam ready to install it. I've looked all over these threads , and YESS i've found a lot of threads on "HOW TO" install the cable, but there I couldnt find anything on "how to remove the headunit"....maybe there is a thread, if someone can find it for me that would be awesome.
I've looked here
http://members.iinet.net.au/~mmo/HeadUnit/headunit.htm
but it mentions the 8293474 removal tool...>where do i get this? and what if we don't have it? how do I remove the headunit?
I don't wanna mess something up, i dont want my car to be loose after i hit a pothole, cause I didnt take something off/put something back correctly....
pls help me out...thanks a lot guys

huso

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
That tool isn't necessary to remove the climate control panel. I used a butter knife. All you need to do is gently pry the climate control panel out--it's really not held in with much. There aren't even any clips or snaps that hold it in.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Also try 9-3SS Aux-in Cable DIY install , has good, simple instructions with clear pictures. May also need to remove the ashtray, as this can sometimes stop you drawinmg the headunit right out Ashtray.htm

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
holy F*** this was a long night haha.
i got everything out, installed the cable,
had lil problem with ashtray, thing that pulls it back (piece of metal) slid out, so it took me a while to get that back in there.
and omgg those stupid panels, pissed me off so much,
especially the rear one, couldnt get it in at all. somehow i got it in, and then the front one, i got that in too, but the screw, it just went though the hole, it wouldnt hold at all :(...i guess i lost the little metal piece that goes on the front/rear panel (hole)...if you guys know what iam talking about shoot me a part number for it so i can buy it 2morrow when i go to saab dealer so he can unlock aux with tech2 tool.
hopefully everything will work 2morrow :)....but jeez didnt know saab was so complicated :)...i miss my nissan maxima :) hahaha

huso

1 - 5 of 5 Posts