SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 95 Aero with the Heads Up Display. I received the car 3 days ago and the Heads Up Display was displaying the speed of the vehicle and I could adjust the other information to display. Yesterday during a drive the HUD stopped displaying the speed. I played with the hud buttons but nothing happened. At the time I figured it may be too bright and the unit turns off or something in those conditions because I had only used it before at disk and in the dark. Well after driving it a couple more times in multiple lighting conditions the speed has not returned. The unit itself is function for parking sensor alerts. The controls will adjust the angle and brightness but just can't get it to display speed or tach info like before. I tried locating a fuse for the unit but could not find one labeled HUD. I've disconnected the vehicle battery for 20 minutes in attempt to reset the unit. I've also restored the vehicle to factory settings via the 8" display. At this point I don't know what to do next. Any help is appreciated.

Clint

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

I noticed while driving down a very dark road last night that the HUD is actually displaying a speed, it is just very dim. Rotating the brightness dial only turns it off completely or on at the lowest brightness. Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone know if this HUD unit is used in any other GM vehicles?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I noticed while driving down a very dark road last night that the HUD is actually displaying a speed, it is just very dim. Rotating the brightness dial only turns it off completely or on at the lowest brightness. Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone know if this HUD unit is used in any other GM vehicles?
Yes, the LaCrosse from 2010-11 has the exact same unit - only difference is that it projects in a blue hue vs. the green found in our NG9-5's. View it like changing your lightsaber colors (like Luke) from green to blue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the LaCrosse from 2010-11 has the exact same unit - only difference is that it projects in a blue hue vs. the green found in our NG9-5's. View it like changing your lightsaber colors (like Luke) from green to blue.
Good to know I can replace with a unit from the Buick if it's the HUD unit that is the issue and not the switch. Still need to take the switch out and check to see if the dimmer is functioning properly before taking the dash apart to get at the HUD unit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know I can replace with a unit from the Buick if it's the HUD unit that is the issue and not the switch. Still need to take the switch out and check to see if the dimmer is functioning properly before taking the dash apart to get at the HUD unit.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
This sounds like the switch to me. See if you take it apart (it should be snapped in to the housing) and clean it with electronics cleaner/isoalcohol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts