SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went ahead and searched but could not find any relevant info.

I have the opportunity to purchase a ‘97 Saab Aero for some misc parts- one of which being a pristine headliner.
Will I be able to use this in my ‘88 saab CC?

visually it looks identical, however based on experience this can be deceiving.

as always, appreciate the guidance!

·
Registered
819 Posts
According to the Saab Electronic Parts Catalogue the '88 headliners had four different part numbers, which are all different from the '97 parts. even the 4 door. The '97 Aero is of course a 5 door. The parts diagrams all look identical but thats not conclusive.
Under 1988 there are two versions, one is "1988" as you'd expect but the other is "1988B:SE" and I don't know what that means. There is one 4 door variant which says No Longer Sold, use 4273652, which is a 4D headliner '94 to '97. This doesn't you help as the Aero is a 5D, but that linked part number is the only one.
Saab sometimes used new part numbers for the identical part, possibly due to a new supplier, and often, in the parts list, if you look for an early part whose number has been superseded, it also gives the new part number. Can't find anything to help you I'm afraid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info Doug! I’ve decided there is enough other parts in the car to make it worth my while even if I do not get to use the headliner, but will of course relay if I do successfully use the headliner in my 88. Luckily I have the 5 door 88 so it should ease the fitment vs having the CD version.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
1988B SE is 1/2 year change and market area Sweden. They changed lights, etc to match 1989-01-01 regulations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts