SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the headliner today on my '94 900SET to replace the fabric. I have read some past threads, but I'd like to confirm that in order to remove the sunroof sliding panel I would have to drop the whole sunroof assembly down from the roof. Is there a way to get the panel out otherwise? If not, I may just try to clean the panel and just refit a re-covered headliner. Thanks.

If anyone is interested I can snap a bunch of pics and post.

-Mike

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
The glass panel unbolts and lifts out. The sliding panel can be unclipped from its rail and lifts out.

When you recover it, be sure to use the thin headlining material, the standard 1/4 stuff is too thick and will bind the panel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I got it out pretty easily - 3 screws on each side for the glass and then a bit of wiggling and compressing of the spring loaded runners in the track to get the panel out from above.

Turns out the felt pads that the panel runs over have turned to a gummy mess and that's what is soiling the panel.

I see what you mean about the thinner fabric for the panel.

For the headliner, I found "Light Quicksilver" to be a close enough color match. It was available locally at Hancock Fabrics for $15/ yd. 2 yards is enough for the headliner. The fabric comes 60" wide. It has a bit more sheen than the original stuff, but the availability and price was right.

I had a shop quote me >$400 to do the job. So far, so good tackling it myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.