SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't really a big problem as they at least turn off when the car is off. It's 13:30am, and I can't sleep so I figured I'd ask anyway.

I'm not talking about day time running lights. It's as if the switch is set so that the headlights and the running lights are on at the same time. I know that the switch works though because when I move it to the different positions the lights flicker a bit.

·
4,637 Posts
Switch melt maybe? The DRLs bypass the headlamp relay so running high power bulbs can burn out the switch (ask me how I know... :eek: ). Try pulling the DRL fuse to see if they switch off. If so, pull the headlamp switch and inspect for burning / melting...

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that's the case, it took an awful long time for it to happen. Living in Oregon, I'd suspect that it would have to do with water damage. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
473 Posts
go to a junkyard and gank a couple switches... try em out and one of them is bound to work... if not, you have other problems... possibly relay? not sure...

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Before you do anything, go and check under the hood at the fusebox, is there anything in the position marked "DAY RUNNING LIGHT CANADA". There is a possibility the running lights go on as well but can't verify that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts