SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have an 04 9-3 Aero. Are the headlights and tailights always on? Seems like I cant turn them off at all when I put the key in. And also seems like I can't turn them on without the key in. Is that normal? I switch thru the 3 settings on the lights switch and nothing changes, they always stay on with the key in. How do I turn them off?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,198 Posts
Normal. Thank litigious lawyers. You have to have a tech2 change them to rest of world setting to have ability to turn off with the switch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So a mechanic has to do it? There's no fuse or something to take out for the daytime driving lights?

·
Premium Member
11,182 Posts
Normal. Thank litigious lawyers.
Ah c'mon man, low hanging fruit. Blame it on Canada. Canada passed laws requiring DRLs. Not too long thereafter, in 1990, GM petitioned the NHTSA for permission to equip its U.S. vehicles with DRLs. This move was presumably for the purpose of simplifying the manufacturing of vehicles by reducing build variations of cars manufactured for the North American market. I'm tellin' ya, those Canadians are trouble makers, man.

·
Super Moderator
20,198 Posts
Ah c'mon man, low hanging fruit. Blame it on Canada. Canada passed laws requiring DRLs. Not too long thereafter, in 1990, GM petitioned the NHTSA for permission to equip its U.S. vehicles with DRLs. This move was presumably for the purpose of simplifying the manufacturing of vehicles by reducing build variations of cars manufactured for the North American market. I'm tellin' ya, those Canadians are trouble makers, man.
Knew that would get you out of hiding.
:cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ok so I have an 04 9-3 Aero. Are the headlights and tailights always on? Seems like I cant turn them off at all when I put the key in. And also seems like I can't turn them on without the key in. Is that normal? I switch thru the 3 settings on the lights switch and nothing changes, they always stay on with the key in. How do I turn them off?

Thanks.

Normal, but with the switch all the way turn to the right, it is DRL, you cannot turn on high beam or front and rear fog lights, with the switch in the middle, that's the "all on" position, you can turn on high beam, front and rear fog lights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the inner bulbs on my headlights dont do anything. (pic attached) Are they supposed to be the high beam? When I do the high beam, the outer bulbs switch to high beam, not the inner. Hm.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,198 Posts
You have bixenons. The xenon is the high and the low. Inner halogens not used. You can get them to fire only with car off and pull back on stalk to engage highbeams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts