SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the relay, lights still staying on at times. They shut off if I turn the key back on and off, therefore I guess the ignition switch is at fault.

For those who have dealt with this issue, if I remove the DRL fuse will that solve the problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me too

We have a 2000 95, adn for the life of me I can't figure out the headlight switch - and I can never shut the lights off unless I completely shut the car off. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i had the same question and asked the mechanic and they said its a safety thing. i know it sounds funny but my 98 9000 has the same thing

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
its is not a safety feature - its a sticky ignition barrel if the lights don´t turn off when you remove the key.

·
Registered
129 Posts
oh i thought you talking about the switch. i have that problem too sometimes. its like a bad credit card swipe almost. my technique is stick that crap in and pull it real quick and it triggers the spring or whatever inside somehow idk lol i just do that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the way I understand it is... with the DRL you can drive the car at night, with the headlight switch "off" the high beams won't work that way though
you have to turn off the motor {ignition} to turn lights off. my son just leaves the headlight switch "on" all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.