SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a cracked windshield replaced in my 08 9-3SS. Now, my headlights are constantly on. I suspect the headlight sensor in the windshield is covered up by tape that came on the windshield.

The other day, the headlights turned off during the day, but then started coming on constantly the next day. Is this assumption correct? I have a bad feeling he's gonna have to remove and replace the windshield again, but i wanna be 100% sure before i take it back......

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
Saabs have daytime running lights that cannot be turned off unless you had the dealer enable that feature and most won't (liability BS). They should always be on as long as the car is running. The fact the lights are turning off is more concerning as that shouldn't happen.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Saabs have daytime running lights that cannot be turned off unless you had the dealer enable that feature and most won't (liability BS). They should always be on as long as the car is running. The fact the lights are turning off is more concerning as that shouldn't happen.

Actually, I think the 08+'s have the lights off. The DRL part is just the city lights, I think. I had one as a loaner once, and I think if they were in the off setting they would come on as it got dark out.

To the OP, check to make sure the light sensor is not covered up. It will be that little black dome looking thing on your dash in the center. It is pretty close to the glass so hopefully the guy who replaced your windshield didn't accidentally mess it up.

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
Actually, I think the 08+'s have the lights off. The DRL part is just the city lights, I think. I had one as a loaner once, and I think if they were in the off setting they would come on as it got dark out.

To the OP, check to make sure the light sensor is not covered up. It will be that little black dome looking thing on your dash in the center. It is pretty close to the glass so hopefully the guy who replaced your windshield didn't accidentally mess it up.
Interesting.....I need to pay more attention.

·
Registered
290 Posts

By default, on an '08 the headlights are always on, but the rest of the lights can be shut off during the day, the light sensor turning them on depending on outside lighting conditions. (auto position on the switch)

I had the dealer set mine so the switch works like a regular light switch. On, parking lights, off.

But to answer the Op's question, it does sound like the glass installer messed up the light sensor.

-Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.