SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i thought the headlight just needed to be replaced because the high beam didn't work on the drivers side, but i replaced it and it still didn't come on. so i checked the fuse and the fuse was good, but didn't seem to be seeing any voltage coming through it. the passenger side did though. any thoughts? thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have an intermittent driver's side headlight that I am sure is the relay in my 99 9-3 conv. There is an big orange relay in a box near the firewall on the driver's side. I reseat that when the light doesn't work and that fixes it. I imagine it's just a loose or dirty contact.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i saw that and took it out and fiddled with it just like you said, but made no difference. maybe i'll have to get in there with something better and clean the contacts. but you think that relay has the ability to disable only one side?

·
Registered
62 Posts
It does on mine. It seems to be just one of the contacts because if I wiggle it the driver's light will go off and on. I am not sure if I ever saw the passenger side light blink when I wiggled it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that has to be the problem then. maybe it just needs to be replaced altogether. probably a nice chunk of $$$ from saab though ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts