SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Saab 9-3 Linear. The other night(actually about 2 weeks ago), passenger side headlight went out. I figured it was the bulb. When i went to take it out, it turns out that the wiring going to the back of the bulb basically had broken off(close to it) due to corrossion/heated wires. The little piece that clips into the back of the bulb is beyond repair. Now I have 3 wires and don't know where they go since there's only 2 leads on the back of the bulb. Does anyone know? Anyone have a wiring diagram or could point me in the right direction? Please help...i'm tired of driving with high-beams on at night!

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I imagine anyone driving toward you is also annoyed with you driving with your high beams on all the time at night.

Speak to your dealer, I recall there is a campaign / TSB for this problem so they may well fix it for free even if you are OOW.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a similar experience. My bulbs were blowing out left and right. I looked at the wires and harness everything looked kinda burned and I had expose wires. The dealer replaced both sides wiring and harness.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine were replaced free...however I was still UW. I would ask the dealer though. I have seen this issue come up numerous times.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
04932t said:
Mine were replaced free...however I was still UW. I would ask the dealer though. I have seen this issue come up numerous times.
OOW I would envisage that you should be able to get the parts free and the labour reduced (try for free) as they dealer should be able to charge the work back to Saab USA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts