SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been enjoying my aero for a few months now and am thinking about replacing the little wipers for the headlights. i havent really missed them and have been thinking they may be more trouble than they are worth. has anyone ever done this? they are completely missing, the whole assembly that is, with only the peg sticking out from under the light. seems like a piece that could be interchanged through out the 9000 models. I am also still looking for a good manual for american 9k aero that may help me out. opinions/help would both be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Both sides are missing ? Vandalized, or just fell off ? :eek:

I thought the older (pre-'93) E-code headlights had different wipers (ie: longer) ? I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Previous owner probably took it off...
A manual you can get from partsforsaabs.com I think. Haynes one. That's really the only one, not taking into consideration ebay stuff and workshop manuals...
Klim

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine didn't work, one was broken off so I just removed the whole motor assembly. Simple as cake, just take out the corners to get to the headlights, take out the headlights. Then it's just a few more bolts and you'll either have the old's out and reassemble, or put new's in and reassemble.

As for the compatability, the older style 9000's have different shaped wipers to accomodate the larger headlights. They might still work, but they have more of an angle to them.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
94 and later 9000 use same blades. Certainly the older wiper arms and blades won't fit. Sounds like you are missing the arms and blades as well as the washer tubing. Hopefully the motors still work.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
If you want ro remove the whole assembly, then just go to saab9000.com. There is a very detailed procedure on this stuff...

Klim

·
Registered
658 Posts
i'll send a pm..i have a 1996 aero and planned on removing mine (just not to my taste) there yours if you want

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well from what I can tell the whole assembly is missing. seems from everyones responses that they arent really that necessary though.. would be nice to have them on hand just incase I need to sell it. They dont really seem to do anything, I never am driving through mud and i havent seen snow since I was a boy. I might just leave them off. saabfan9 are you here in the US or....? if you are Im all over the south and might be able to pik them up.

I just saw that you were from chicago so nevermind. I will look for a closer pair but if I cant find any I may be hitting you up for yours >_<

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
US cars didn't have headlight washe/wipers in some model years. The spaces in the bumpers for them would remain and I bet the wiring harness is there also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive seen 9000s here in the states with headlight wipers, and my car still has these little metal pegs coming out from under the light, it looks like where the blade would sit? maybe it just needs blades :eek:

·
Registered
611 Posts
most likely one of the motors or both were shot leaving the blades in an upright position. The previous owner just removed the arms leaving the motors still mounted.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Test them. Turn the lights on and pull the wiper stalk to squirt them & quickly run around the front to see if they move.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts