SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, driver's side one stops/starts/parks how it likes.....new trick is to flip to the 12 o'clock position when the ignition goes on (regardless of light setting) and parks when it feels like it. looking at previous posts i have two questions:
1 - has anyone got any feedback on the procedure pointed to on the saab9000 site?
2 - if they are knackered is replacement the easiest way forward? i don't think i would be able to repair them (am having visions of flames licking up the front of the car if i have a go:D )

i don't really want to go to a garage as swapping looks like it will be cheaper even if replacing....(at 100 + VAT upwards these days)

Thanks!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
head lamps

my 97 cse does the exact same thing as explained. I think I am just going to remove the motor as suggested.

if you got any new info on a potential fix leat me know.I am thinking it may be the motor itself ??? I woudl rather fix the right way.

Thanks !!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i swapped the motor withone on ebay. it was a much easier job than i thought - if you can get one with a guarantee then go for it....you never know with ebay. whole job took 20 minutes. One thing i did to make sure it all lined up was flicked the switch to make the motor work and put the wiper on last. avoided all the problems of lining it up. hope this helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
wiper motors

I agree it is pretty stupid. i just want them either functional or I will just remove them both. I def don't need them thats for sure. Thanks to the previous poster. I found a couple on E bay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
wiper motors

No it wasn't me. I haven't even put in a bid yet. I just cheked to see if they were available.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The sh*tty headlamp wiper motor units are not Swedish. They are German. I don't expect you to have much luck repairing yours. Even easier than removing it is to unplug its 3-pin wiring connector, remove the wiper arm, and reattach the arm so that it is parallel to the bumper. If you want a functional wiper again sometime later, obtain a replacement motor unit, test for proper function by plugging it into your cars' wiring before removing your old motor, and then replace the old motor with the new one at your convenience.

·
Registered
92 Posts
LondonCSE said:
hi, driver's side one stops/starts/parks how it likes.....new trick is to flip to the 12 o'clock position when the ignition goes on (regardless of light setting) and parks when it feels like it.
1 - has anyone got any feedback on the procedure pointed to on the saab9000 site?
2 - if they are knackered is replacement the easiest way forward? i don't think i would be able to repair them (am having visions of flames licking up the front of the car if i have a go:D )

i don't really want to go to a garage as swapping looks like it will be cheaper even if replacing....(at 100 + VAT upwards these days)

Thanks!!
1. Have taken them apart in the past as per Saab 9000.com and have fixed, but this requires patience and good manual dexterity.
2. For replacements try a breakers, at least you'll have some spare parts and one to try out fixing off car at sensible cost. 'Flames' should not be a problem, they are fused after all.:) Last time I obtained a replacement I found the original one had started to work correctly again, just threatening it with replacement was enough.:cheesy:

·
Registered
51 Posts
haha funny story, my passenger side is stuck in one spot and the blade is missing. so it just kinda hangs there pointing to the right

i was at a stop light the other day and my friend was beside me w/ his window down so i turned on my headlight wipers and laughed as he got washer fluid all over him and inside his car. its pretty great:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts