SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
headlight wipers

Hi all, Strange problem here. when I bought this car, one of the headlight wiper motors was unplugged, when I plug it in the windsheild wipers come on along with the "squirter motor" and does not stop, is this a short or a faulty relay?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch for the help otOtot :)!
Would 1994 9000cde headlight wiper motors and assemblies work on a 1995 9000cse turbo? they look the same but....
Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had the same problem myself. I got a s/h unit from a breaker, it didn't work so he sent another and that didn't work. Then, as you say when I plugged either in the wash & wipers fired up and wouldn't stop. I took one apart as per Bill J's website, ran the motor direct from the battery in both directions and cleaned all the copper contacts. It works perfect now, only difference is when I pull to wash the window it has engaged a timer for the wash jets. Before I got just the timed wipers with wash as long as I pulled the stalk, but now a short pull engages a completely automated process of wash & wipe.

Also, as far as I am aware there are two different headlight wiper versions. Up to '93 and 94-98. My s/h unit was from a '95 and it fitted my '97.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts