SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have an issue on my '97 900 (auto) - when I come to a stop and have my foot on the brakes, the headlamps shake quite a bit. It is (annoyingly) visible on the rear of the car ahead of me.

I've already checked all the screws for the lamp housings - they are tight.

I do have a Geniune Saab transmission mount, which I know adds a bit of NVH, but this has been present since before I added that.

Anything else I can check/add/replace?

Maybe some soft rubber washers between the headlamp housing and the body?

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks for your advice,

DJ

·
Registered
632 Posts
mine did that...then the reflector housing fell off the adjuster and points too low now. too lazy to take it apart and snap it back on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow - I'll take a look to make sure it is all tight there. I *did* install e-codes some time ago. Maybe my assembly job sucked. :roll:

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
It sounds like one of the three mounting points inside the lens popped off. While you're in there, clean the inside of the lens and, clean and lubricate the two adjustment screws... Ron

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ron - that is definitely worth looking at. Thanks for the tip! :)

DJ

·
Registered
36 Posts
The same thing happened to my car and it was caused by the headlight reflectors. Mine were actually broken and I had to buy new headlights.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The same thing happened to my car and it was caused by the headlight reflectors. Mine were actually broken and I had to buy new headlights.
Sadly, you hit it - the passenger side now shows the reflector is totally loose. Thanks for the accurate diagnosis. Any way to repair it without going the new/used HL route? I haven't removed it yet to disassemble and inspect.

DJ

·
Registered
18,497 Posts
Sadly, you hit it - the passenger side now shows the reflector is totally loose. Thanks for the accurate diagnosis. Any way to repair it without going the new/used HL route? I haven't removed it yet to disassemble and inspect.

DJ

The ones I've seen that were loose had some of the plastic mount broken, so the general answer was "no", unless you wanted to rig up a repair with a brace of some sort. THe good new might be the junkywards now only charge about $50 for them complete.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts