SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My car doesn't 'pass' the technical control anymore 'cos my headlights are durty from the inside on my 9K of 1995. Can somebody tell me how to proceed 'cos even when i remove the upper 'clips' and the 2 torx screws i cannot remove the whole set. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just replaced my driver side headlight, so my memory is fresh. There are two more fasteners to remove. Remove the grill to get the inboard one on the side of the light.

The grill is held in place with two screws and three "pins." Once you have the screws out, lift the grill up to free the center pin. Then pivot the grill down to free the two pins at each edge of the grill.

Remove the corner light to get the outboard one. The corner light is held in place with a wire clip that clips on the metal frame between headlight & corner. (You have to get it from the backside - same place you would be if you were replacing a bulb. Release the clip and pull the corner light out. The other fastener for the headlight is now accessibe.

It's tricky getting the headlight out. I wriggled mine out by pulling the inboard edge out first, then the outboard edge. It was a tight fit, but it's possible.

I almost forgot the wiper - because mine was destroyed by the deer! You'll need to remove the wiper arm, too - one small nut.

I hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts