SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have the stock HID system in my car and the ballast seems to be going out. The reason I have came down to the ballast is because its only ONE side (passenger), I've replaced the bulbs twice, sometimes it turns on and then cuts off, and I've tried the ignitor off of the other side with no such luck.

Here is my question.

Is it possible for me to take out the stock HID kit and just use a plug and play kit? Like is the plug that goes into the ballast able to receive plug and play wiring (ground and power)?

Thanks for any and all help yall.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My passenger side HID burned out and I tried 2-3 different "brand" bulbs but they all would ignite as if they HID and then turn yellow. I thought that's a ballast and almost bought a knew one...But before i did that i bought a bulb for $25 on craigslist and now it shines better than original one)) it turns out it is D2R not D2S.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
no its D2S, D2R's dont fit... whoever sold you the bulb had a typo.

As for replacing with a plug and play kit, if there's a will, there's a way... but in all honesty it would be harder then just replacing the ballast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.