SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get an error message when i start my car that says headlight leveling malfunction contact your saab dealer. anybody know if this is worth fixing and or if its expensive? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yes, it is worth fixing. If you don't, the headlights may blind oncoming drivers. It may be a simple Tech II setting. You'll get this if the angle sensors get disconnected. Of course, it may be something more serious, but I would have it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
20,433 Posts
Check for frayed/burnt wires at your headlight. Not uncommon in 2003's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good. ill get it checked out. they look fine im just getting tired of clearing my info display eveytime i start my car! lol other than that i cant complain,love this car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem. Inspected headlights, wires, 2 sensors, took it for Tech II check, nothing...nobody knows why and mech said he needs my car for some time to find the issue. I finally got tired of pressing CLEAR button and took fuses out, and light never comes back on:cheesy: I hope when I'll have enough time or extra car or money I'll fix that problem, but so far I leveled them manually and doesn't seem like I'm blinding anybody.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I had this error after getting some body work done on my car. Had to take it to a mechanic with a Tech II to fix - it was a one-minute fix once connected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts