SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got a puzzle for you guys.
I have a 2001 saab 9-3 and the front right headlight is acting weird. The brights on it work. But the low beam doesn't work at all. I've tried swapping the bulb. And it's the same problem same side. And then the amber corner light on the same right side only turns on when the car is in reverse while the front left side is always on. Other than that all my turn signals work, and brake lights. I've tried all the fuses, and I don't believe it's a relay. I believe it's also not the infamous orange relay. Because I dont think that would only make one side not work.
The only thing I can think that is causing this is a year or so back my shifter got stuck in neutral, and I used some brute force to get it back into drive.
I'm really hoping that I don't need to go and rip out all of the wires for it. Anything that you guys got would be awesome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Orange relay.
For corner light, you have mixed connectors, there is also front reverse light connector.
Okay, what's an easy way to get ahold of the orange relay? I work at O'Reilly and I wasnt able to find it in our system. Is it best to just go yank it from a yard or something?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got an update, I took it out to look at it and when I put it back in no lights were working, so I jiggled it around until both light started working. And then I pinned it in place so they both are working. Should be a good temp fix till I get a new one.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Take it apart and resolder it.... $0. The problem is internal, not external. Holding in a position won't cause it to continue working.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Okay, what's an easy way to get ahold of the orange relay? I work at O'Reilly and I wasnt able to find it in our system. Is it best to just go yank it from a yard or something?
Surely O'Reilly has them, Part number 4109070A.

I soldered mine, fixed the problem but started a new one. Fixed that and started another.
Threw my hands in the air and got one from a wrecker to hold me down until the new one was delivered.
And I fixed my BMW ECU by reflowing the injector controlling transistors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts