SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my headlights were pretty yellow so I decided to use of those restore kits, came out ok but somewhat foggy, so I picked up a polishing wheel for my dremmel and actually made it worse lol :confused: not sure what to do now, help please! also this might be a long shot but does anyone know if they sell the lens( clear plastic cover) by itself, any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
218 Posts
to answer your second question no they don't you need to buy the entire new light...which answers your first one to, and the only way it would make it worse if the pervious owner tried to reclear the lens with brake fluid or some thing, in which case youre probly not going to fix them by hand :(

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
If it came out foggy you probably didn't go deep enough or use enough polish. I would try again with a kit on a drill and sand down again with heavy grit and get them good an sanded. Then work it back up with lighter grit then use a polishing wheel on your drill with a good polish. Did you use the smaller polishing wheel on the dremel or a bigger one?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, I hope I dont have to buy New ones :/ I used a small wheel, couldn't find a big one, but I think I should try to do it again, I'm just scared of sanding too much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts