SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im sure this has been brought up before but i need some help pretty fast, my headlights went out.

and i need new ones fast, so im planning on going down to autozone asap, but i'd like to know exactly what kind of bulbs i need, what they cost (about), and which ones r the best/ last the longest... i dont want hid's just halogen... i need a fast fix. seeing as this is my only freetime for awahile and i'd like to get this annoying issue out of the way.

thanks for any help... btw im driving the 2001 9-5 aero... if that helps.

also how do i disconect the old bulbs/ put in the new ones? i know i take the headlight out but how do i disconnect it from the wiring?

thanks for any help... i've been really rushed lately.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i got the bulb and everythings dandy except for the fact that i can remove my right headlight for the life of me... so i cant get to the little area the dead bulb is at... wouldnt be a problem on the left since theres no intake tube blocking my way, but there is on the right...

how do i get the stupid headlight fixture out? i cant find it in the manual and i've removed every screw to my knowlege it just wont budge free from its housing...

G

·
loosen the screw on the clamp that holds your mas airflow sensor to your turbo inlet pipe and pop it off. Once thats out of the way i don't foresee any more problems.

remember to use rubber gloves when handling the new bulbs

G

·
Surgical gloves (latex work best) I put Xenon bulbs in my housing and didn't require removing anything, it is flexible.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea ok thanks for all your help... found out that a little extra elbow greese and the thing pops right out... replaced the bulb and everythings good again...

dare i say that working on cars can be a royal pia sometimes. its meant for those with small fingers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts