SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all -

took my headlights out/baked/separated in order to recondition the lenses and clean out the projectors/reflector units. discovered that the grounds on my low beam(DRL) plugs are completely corroded away, barely holding on. upon disassembly, they basically disintegrated in my hands. now, my question is this: can i just get some new female ends for the headlight wires and put the plugs back together, or do i need to find a way to replace the whole headlight wiring harness? and if so, where could i find such a thing?

thanks!

-Tyler

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome! thanks aerojon. and holy crap those are cheap. i was expecting a seriously higher number than 11 bucks. :cheesy:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn. ordered, got an email saying they're on national backorder. gonna keep searching.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
hey all -

took my headlights out/baked/separated in order to recondition the lenses and clean out the projectors/reflector units. discovered that the grounds on my low beam(DRL) plugs are completely corroded away, barely holding on. upon disassembly, they basically disintegrated in my hands. now, my question is this: can i just get some new female ends for the headlight wires and put the plugs back together, or do i need to find a way to replace the whole headlight wiring harness? and if so, where could i find such a thing?

thanks!

-Tyler
What oven temp did you use, and how long did you leave them in? Were they hard to open up? I tried doing mine but the sealant was more like rubber caulking than that usual black glue that gets soft when warm. Mine never got soft enough to separate, and they were definitely hot enough. What do you think was up with that? Thank.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i went like 300 for 5-7 mins, and that was too much - the headlight melted a little to the cookie tray. i think i was hearing that 200-250 should do it. i also slipped a putty knife all the way around the seal a few times before heating it, which i think helped the separation.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have an 04 on headlight harness for sale. Bought it from Goldwing for my 06 to add fog lights and found the fog plugs were on my car already.
[email protected]

Ps, have a house in NJ, not far away.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
larry - i already ordered the harnesses for both lights from thesaabsite, since saabpartsusa was backordered. but thank you anyway!

·
Registered
814 Posts
I just reread your order and my harness was full for all lights, not the 2 headlight only harness's you needed anyway.
Good luck with the repair!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts