SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my 1996 900 se decided to drop that message on me this morning on the way to work. I took a look and the driver side low beam is not working, but the passenger side is. When I switch the high beams on both sides work and the light on the dash works. Any ideas what it could be out of nowhere? Faulty relay, or bad bulb? Help would be great, thank you.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Low beam filament has burnt out on your driver's side bulb. Replace them in pairs, as the passenger is likely not far after.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
100 to 1, its a burned out bulb...these can be a bit difficult to see due to the DRLs.
Change both bulbs.
I have yet to read about a worn out relay...these are that good.
The same cannot be said of the "orange relay"(filament monitor).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Low beam filament has burnt out on your driver's side bulb. Replace them in pairs, as the passenger is likely not far after.

Awesome, I hope you are right because that is an easy fix. Thank you. any sugguested top end bulbs?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I like the Silverstar Ultras, bright, very white light. They run about $50/pair. If you havent disassembled your headlights and cleaned the inside of your lenses, it would be worth considering. Big improvement in light transmission and appearance of the car for an hours work.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the Silverstar Ultras, bright, very white light. They run about $50/pair. If you havent disassembled your headlights and cleaned the inside of your lenses, it would be worth considering. Big improvement in light transmission and appearance of the car for an hours work.
I just bought these

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...5i59Z9ci8c?itemIdentifier=272390_413425_17258_

Any reccommendations or links to cleaning out the headlights and lenses? Sorry Im a newb to all of this.

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
Couple notes on this:

The brighter bulbs tend to burn out much faster, a year, maybe two seems typical for many. YMMV. Sylvania is one of the longer lasting ones.

When you clean the lens, use a very soft cloth and test a little in a hidden area. The reflective coating can rub right off (as me how I know).

If the bulb change does not do it, you likely need to reflow the solder joints on the orange relay. In fact, my money would actually be on that... but if you want upgraded bulbs, try that approach first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts