SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
There's a pop up style headlight washer? Are you sure it's not just the blank filler piece that they put in when the car doesn't come with the headlight washers?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yes, the 2003 models had pop-up washers. These were replaced with fixed washers in a later model year (2004 or 2005). The 2003 MY had lots of nice touches Saab removed from later MYs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the pop ups, they spray like 2 gallons per second each, very refreshing. But I'm still needing someone to explain to me how to R&R these things...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have the same on my 03...whats wrong? are they both not spraying? if not are the jets on the hood working properly? how about wiper functions (intermittent med and high work properly?)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its like 200 degrees out here in Arizona, cant really get under the car right now to see. Looks like I have to take the lower plastic off and reach up there?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Its like 200 degrees out here in Arizona, cant really get under the car right now to see. Looks like I have to take the lower plastic off and reach up there?
Best bet is to take the bumper off (torx screws on the wheel wheels) so you can really see what you're doing. Be careful with the washer fluid hose you you don't make a mess by pulling it too far, and disconnect the horn wire harness, its the black plastic piece behind the center grille. You should have a clear view of the washers from the back of the bumper.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I will try and have patience. :evil:
Good boy ;ol; Hopefully you haven't attempted that stunt yet....

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183095

Here's a link to Pacotaco's FMIC thread. First thing he lists is how to take the front bumper off, couldnt ask for better pics. Pretty straightforward, its really simple.

Once you pull off the bumper, look on the inside and the washers should be sitting right there on the inside. Let me know if you need more help

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the helpful pics!

Good boy ;ol; Hopefully you haven't attempted that stunt yet....

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183095

Here's a link to Pacotaco's FMIC thread. First thing he lists is how to take the front bumper off, couldnt ask for better pics. Pretty straightforward, its really simple.

Once you pull off the bumper, look on the inside and the washers should be sitting right there on the inside. Let me know if you need more help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts