SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone aimed their headlights??? I have a 2006 9-7x 5.3i with projector HIDs. The owners manual says to take it in to the dealership but I looked behind the headlights and it looks like there is a knob you turn to aim them...

The reason im asking is that at night my HID's only go out like 40 ft in front of my car...the cut off is way too low and I need to aim them up.

ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Shane (L.A.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I seem to have the same problem. I will be following this thread to find the solution. I haven't really looked into it yet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the same situation with my 2008 9-7 Aero. The lights were fine until recently and now they appear to have lowered almost to a dangerous level. Any guidelines on how to do this would be very helpful. Thank you!

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Since the Saab 9-7 owners manual says to take the vehicle to the dealer for headlight adjustment and because the vehicle is based on the GM Trailblazer, you might want to do a google search on "trailblazer headlight adjustment." There seems to be a vertical and horizontal adjustment, but there are no photos online that I could find... Ron

·
Registered
81 Posts
When I tried to adjust the height (driver's side noticeably lower on a dark stretch) and even it with the passenger side, it would seem to dazzle (when parked in front of a store window. So I adjusted until ____/------ became ----====.

I'm guessing these lights wear over time and throw off different patterns?

You can use a 6 mm socket for that plastic knob, but be careful not to break it or over adjust. It only needs minute turning.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
There are, I believe, two adjustments(horizontal, vertical), you can set up an aiming board, if you have the measurements and your driveway is absolute level.
In the 60s, 70s, I aimed hundreds, using the dealership equipment, it has not changed that much. Bullnose Saabs were easy, I made it a point to lubricate the threads on an annual basis at least.
At home, without the proper aiming equipment, you can achieve 90% accuracy if good and lucky....Buy the GM/Helms manual, the procedure may be in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts