SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 900 SE which has both headlamp lenses cracked. I did some searching around and cheapest I could find were 90 bucks each just for the lense. Just wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper site or am I just **** out of luck on 180 bucks plus shipping? Also I was thinking about just doing a hi temp silicone inside to seal it and doing a black tint paint. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I have a 1997 900 SE which has both headlamp lenses cracked. I did some searching around and cheapest I could find were 90 bucks each just for the lense. Just wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper site or am I just **** out of luck on 180 bucks plus shipping? Also I was thinking about just doing a hi temp silicone inside to seal it and doing a black tint paint. Any suggestions?
Silicone is a bad idea around headlamps. It gives off gases that can damage the reflective surface. Then you won't see anything.

Find a junkyard. I pulled two good-condition headlamps, a taillamp, a signal cluster, and a few other things and it was $150. The yard is not likely to let you buy just the lenses, so find a couple of good headlamp units and grab them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts