SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the header pipe or flex pipe orrrr what ever you want to call it to pass inspection. I was going to put the header pipe on and cut the center muff where it could slip a 2 1/2 OD connector over both and clamp it down. I went to do it today and the first bolt immediately snapped off. I thought id leave well enough alone and stopped to think out what to do and get some info before breaking all the bolts off and just being up ****s creek with no exhaust from the cat. If I am right the cat is straight up from the pipes end and did i snap a stud coming straight off the cat? Or is there a piece in between? I need opinions on whetger to just go to a shop an have them do it quick and maybe even inspect it also. I just would think:cry: they already have a solution and have it done quick for under 100 bucks. But i could be way wrong. Anyone else have a way i could do it myself if so?its number 3 in the thumbnail. if you cant visualize it ill take actually photos

Attachments

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I need to replace the header pipe or flex pipe orrrr what ever you want to call it to pass inspection. I was going to put the header pipe on and cut the center muff where it could slip a 2 1/2 OD connector over both and clamp it down. I went to do it today and the first bolt immediately snapped off. I thought id leave well enough alone and stopped to think out what to do and get some info before breaking all the bolts off and just being up ****s creek with no exhaust from the cat. If I am right the cat is straight up from the pipes end and did i snap a stud coming straight off the cat? Or is there a piece in between? I need opinions on whetger to just go to a shop an have them do it quick and maybe even inspect it also. I just would think:cry: they already have a solution and have it done quick for under 100 bucks. But i could be way wrong. Anyone else have a way i could do it myself if so?its number 3 in the thumbnail. if you cant visualize it ill take actually photos
Happened to me on my '04. I gave up after trying everything. Took it to a shop and they had to heat it and press out the broken stud.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Tis what i came down too also. Oh well
How much did they charge you?
They only charged me 50$, and I threw the guy 20$ cuz he did it so quick. I also removed the pipe beforehand for him so it was out of his way. I soaked the nuts for like 2 days with PB Blaster penetrating spray.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts