SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade the head unit in my 2008 9-3 and I'm really overwhelmed by all the information I can find on the topic. I got a couple of questions:

1. What adapters do I need? (Planing on buying a Sony HU) All the adapters I found were for 4 channel audio amps (are that enough channels for the prestige 300 system?)

2. Is there a way to fit the iDatalink Maestro RR to my 9-3?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any aftermarket head unit will limit you to 4 channels. You won't be able to properly drive your stock Amp. You will need an 8 channel Amp + DSP to properly drive all 7 speakers plus a subwoofer (which is a good addition/investment).

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any aftermarket head unit will limit you to 4 channels. You won't be able to properly drive your stock Amp. You will need an 8 channel Amp + DSP to properly drive all 7 speakers plus a subwoofer (which is a good addition/investment).

Thank you very much for the answer. Since I got the Bose 11 speakers + 1 sub in the spare tire I would need a 12 channel Amp right?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I doubt there is such a thing as a 12 channel Amp. You would need two amps. Why bother? Just replace the speakers with better ones ensuring ohm and impedance are correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts