SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , ive fitted a Pioneer dv p5000 to my gm900 , its brilliant ,
looks great and when the screen flips up it brushes against the indicator stalk ,
but apart from that its fantastic little bit of kit , My only problem is for some reason , My front door speakers arent working ???

im not the best in the world with electrics but its my understanding that if the dash speakers are working , the fronts SHOULD be working anyway ???

its all wired up correctly using the proper connections and the little SAAB cubby
hole shelf thingy installed too .

Front Dashboard tweater speakers are working perfectly , rear parcel shelf speakers are working perfectly , but the front door ones are totally dead ?

ANy ideas ??

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Silly question, but I'll ask it. Are you sure that Door Speakers are fitted to your vehicle? They were not a standard fit, even though the grills are present.

HTH

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Did you wire them up? If you only wired together 4 speakers (8 pos and neg wires) then you are missing the wires for the doors. Quite frankly I can see it being easy to miss them, because they are connected to the original headunit in a different way, because they are powered by their own amp and are not connected together with the dash speakers. This small amp that powers them gets its feed from a round connector that plugs into the side of the original headunit. If you had the CD changer their was a similar plug that went into the back face of the original headunit. Have a look around this Saab Audio Site for more details and this one too.

I had bought and installed that little amp for the door speakers, but it fried after a few months, so I simply wired it right to the dash speakers right after it connected to the headunit and couldn't be happier with the sound coming out of them, gets all the ranges.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uh oh

oh my , now i feel dumb , im gonna 1) go check to see if they were wired up in the first place and 2) no i know there was definately no seperate wire from the side of the old cassette / radio unit leading anywhere ......... thanks guys for your help .

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay okay

thanks to beeblebrox , i now shall go and ask a friend to kick me in the nuts as punishment for knowing nothing about SAAB audio at all ..............

........... you guessed it , there arent any speakers in there ;oops:

thanks guys .

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
So put some in already!!! I did mine up pretty easily. Found a spot where the speaker stayed in the space and drilled two sheetmetal screws through the speakers and into the door (mind you to keep them short so as not to hit the glass). I believe 5" worked for me. Then ran some wires to behind the dash, originally to the amp, but now just directly to the dash speaker wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts