SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 3 door 900 inj 1992 XS has no rear headrests. it seems to have brackets for them. should it have come with them originally and if so is there a specific type to lookout for. have located a pair from saabtec at nice price in beige but now looking at the brackets they may not fit as there seems to somekind of bolt affair to hold them in. my other 900 - LPT SE 1992 5 door has its leather headrest in place but they are held in by a very straightforward bracket that looks different to the XS bracket (you just drop them in). could it be that the SE is missing some of its bracket as they just slip in and are not fixed in at all?

help please

thanks

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I have some spares in dark grey if it helps at all..... and am local

both my 87 T8 and 93 LPT have the same mounting for the rear headrests, so I can only assume that they are the same accross the board

(would be just like saab tho to make a few cars with different ones):evil: but thats why we love them - RIGHT?:lol:

G

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
On my 1991 LPT they just slide down into the brackets - no lock or anything to hold them in place, but I don't think they're going anywhere.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
daam i would be interested in converting to some sort of slide down mechanism, the bolts are very annoying when you want to fold the seat down all the time. the rear seats without the headrests look stupid, amazing how things liek that really change the look of the car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rest of head

:D ok so the new headrests fitted in the XS (the one with the bracket including bolts). looks like they are there to give some height adjustment if needed. by the sounds of it there are different brackets around then.

agree about the look of the car if they are not fitted.

cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts