SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help, the drivers headlamp wiper on my 1997 900s does not park at the bottom of the head lamp. It does seem to park eventualy but this may take a while and I suspect after a few start ups????????? has any one else had this problem. I must admit that my Volvo S40 had the same problem and in the end I just disconected them in the parked position but I would like to fix the Saab if I can.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Mikes900s said:
I hope someone can help, the drivers headlamp wiper on my 1997 900s does not park at the bottom of the head lamp. It does seem to park eventualy but this may take a while and I suspect after a few start ups????????? has any one else had this problem. I must admit that my Volvo S40 had the same problem and in the end I just disconected them in the parked position but I would like to fix the Saab if I can.
Haha, I have the identical car and the same problem :lol:
I just did this today. Haven't had time to test it yet but it was easy and the tutorial is of great help :cheesy:
Check the 7.5 AMP fuse first but it's probably the wiper motor. A simple fix.

Took me about 30 minutes to do but would need another 10 to put it back on the car, test it and adjust the parking mechanism.

http://pages.infinit.net/mlbriand/saab/headlightwiper/headlightwiper.html

Good luck :cheesy:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hkayssi said:
Haha, I have the identical car and the same problem :lol:
I just did this today. Haven't had time to test it yet but it was easy and the tutorial is of great help :cheesy:
Check the 7.5 AMP fuse first but it's probably the wiper motor. A simple fix.

Took me about 30 minutes to do but would need another 10 to put it back on the car, test it and adjust the parking mechanism.

http://pages.infinit.net/mlbriand/saab/headlightwiper/headlightwiper.html

Good luck :cheesy:
Thanks for your quick reply ! I have had a quick read but will read it again tomorrow. Hope yours is ok and will post on how I got on.

Thanks again Mike,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts