SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hitting a deer at night and really needing my hazards, I've decided to fix them. When I push the button, nothing happens. However, I have noticed that sometimes the switch blinks when the turn signal is on.

Where is the relay that runs the hazards?

·
Registered
987 Posts
There is only two options for the relay location. The first place to check (easiest) is the fuse/relay panel thats under the hood/bonnet. This is where the headlight relays are. I don't recall if it's there or not. The other possible location is in the passenger footwell behind the fuse panel. The turn signal relay IS in this panel. I would think it would be in the same area as the turn signal relay being that they must use the same circuit.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wondered if they did share the same relay. Since the turn signals work, it can't be the relay, can it? I find it hard to accept that the switch could go bad, unless it's full of troll lint. I think I'll start with the switch.

·
Registered
888 Posts
The Hazards DO HAVE THE SAME RELAY as the indicators (at least in my 1994 Aero they do). Had the same problem only yesterday - indicators worked but hazards didn't. switch ok. Changed indicator relay as I couldn't locate a seperate hazard relay and BINGO the hazards now work!

Relay is behind fuse box in glove box - you have to remove glove box and unscrew fusebox to get to the relays. Indicator/hazard relay is in back row, 2nd from right if I recall correctly.

Dan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts