SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to see if anyone else is having problems like mine. Having poor running, smelling gas and spark plugs are wet with gas. Getting the p0201-p0204 Plus others which will be on the attached pictures. After searching on the forum I ordered a used ecu from the junkyard. Cloned my old original ECU over and still have problems. Sometimes it will take 1-2days until it messes up again.

I also replaced Battery, spark plugs, boost control. I cleaned the ground points under battery and to ECU. Thinking of getting another used ECU just in case the one I got was bad or send my original ECU out for repairs. Anyone else have any ideas before I get another ECU ?

I also get an error connecting with my clone tech 2. Not sure if the CIM errors are from my clone tech2. I can replug it in and it will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just came to give an update just in case someone else has this problem. It was the ECU. The 1st ECU i got from the junkyard was also bad. Got another used one from ebay from a guy with good reviews on his used ecu's. it was from a 2005 9-3 so I used the TrionicCANFlasher to flash it which made it work for my 2010 9-3. Been a week and no more.
Sent my ECU off for repairs trying to have a 2nd working ECU as backup but they told me it wasn't repairable. Does anyone know a good place to get a nice refurbished one without paying a lot?
I also got a ecu insulator kit from a guy in Australia, you can see it on youtube. Not sure how many of you guys have it. Seems to be a good idea, still waiting for it to come in to install it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just came to give an update just in case someone else has this problem. It was the ECU. The 1st ECU i got from the junkyard was also bad. Got another used one from ebay from a guy with good reviews on his used ecu's. it was from a 2005 9-3 so I used the TrionicCANFlasher to flash it which made it work for my 2010 9-3. Been a week and no more.
Sent my ECU off for repairs trying to have a 2nd working ECU as backup but they told me it wasn't repairable. Does anyone know a good place to get a nice refurbished one without paying a lot?
I also got a ecu insulator kit from a guy in Australia, you can see it on youtube. Not sure how many of you guys have it. Seems to be a good idea, still waiting for it to come in to install it.
I was about to chime in and say you can clone these now which is awesome. I don't know of any refurbs but I usually pull used ones. I avoid 03 T8's as they're just that old now and typically fail with the same injector code dump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts