SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 9-3 ARC Turbo.

I have a coolant leak, and my mechanic says its because I need to replace the following:

"T-stat housing, and Oil cooler hoses (from T-stat housing to oil cooler). Should be 2 hoses, one about 1.5', the other about 2.5' in length"

His normal parts dealer didnt have anything that would fit, so I'm trying websites. I'm guessing one hose is the inlet, and the other the outlet? Also, I'm getting multiple hits for the t-stat housing with drastically different prices...so I'm a bit confused.

Ultimately, I'm afraid of ordering the wrong parts so advice would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Part aerojon listed is the most commonly replaced part of housing. What I have shown is the complete assembly that includes the part he has listed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Complete thermostat housing should be PN 12790477 about $140

Part number 5 in diagram consisting of an assembly of parts.

The hoses should be in this diagram as #25 and #26. Engine number will be needed to determine which specific ones. Using your VIN at the site below or at thesaabsite.com may be sufficient to determine that info.
Great. I've got my VIN# in and I'm taking a look at the parts. My biggest problem was even with the VIN, I had too many parts popping up, and I got confused from seeing just the housing aerojon suggested, then the complete assembly which you suggested. I suppose I need to go back to my mechanic and find out if I need just the housing or complete assembly.

Those were the right hoses, though and I've already ordered. Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts