SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I know there are a lot of posts about front end clunk but I can't seem to fix the problem. 2006 9-3 Sportcombi 2.0T installed Vogtland lowering springs 4 months ago and in the last month I've acquired a nasty clunk. It doesn't matter what kind of bump it is. It could be a smooth road with a couple ripples in it and there's a rattle or it'll rattle over big bumps as well. New sway bar links. New strips, top hats and strut bearings. I work at a dealership and we have inspected everything up front. Sway bar bushings are good, control arm bushings good, ball joints, everything. I had bad stabilizer links and I replaced them. Sound went away for maybe a day and came back. I thought it was spring slap after that. So I wrapped all my coil spring with foam and.....it still clunks. I'm at my Witt's end.. I doubt my strut bearing is bad that fast. I can't imagine even with little little bumps that its spring slap. I need suggestions

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dunno if this would work but you could try to jack the car up and jack up the wheel to compress and release the suspension while watching or filming the suspension to see if you can pinpoint what is making the noise.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had some suspicion that the sway bar links I got were bad. My co worker said they weren't. One was pretty stiff and the other side was easy to move. He said they probably my forgot to grease it from the plant and to grease the grease points. I'm going to remove my links and go for a drive And see if the noise goes away so I can forever eliminate the links if that isn't the problem

·
Registered
362 Posts
I am going thru this almost exactly...I replaced my struts with Koni and Vogtland springs...ever since I Have had a rattle that I cannot find. I did replace my links then and suspected the same thing, maybe I got bad ones. Well I just replaced them last week with Moog and rattle is still present so thats not the issue.....so annoying. Next move is to remove strut assy and try a stock one to see if it goes away, but i don't think that is the problem. ;oops:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me know what you come up with! I have the same setup. New dampers, vogtlands with Moog links. I was going to try stock struts again but I don't have any and can't find cheap ones used. I really don't want to swap springs so in trying the links first. O was thinking of tien spring seats on the struts because even with my springs wrapped in foam I still hear it (if it is spring slap)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.