SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently the trunk release button on my door stopped working. The actual button functions -- I can hear the sound of the trunk being unlocked, but for some reason it won't open. The button on the remote works fine...makes the same unlocking sound but I can open it afterwards. :confused:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Try the key. This may be a manual control...

The hatch must be way out of adjustment....or a clip has broken at a control rod....
Try pushing in the hatch as it is being unlocked ( a two or more man job.)

·
Registered
102 Posts
And if that doesn't work, get in the back and remove the carpeting on the hatch (just the door, of course), and pull up on the linkage, Then you can get out of the car and find out what the problem is.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a similar problem when my hatch struts failed. The release button would make all the right noises, but you could only open the boot with the key. As soon as I replaced the struts it was fine. I also unscrewed the black rubber stops on each side of the hatch to make the lid sit a little higher and tighter on the locking mechanism, and haven't had any more problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.