SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, well, here it is.
http://www.erebunicorp.com/
If you haven't heard of them they are one of the largest companies for spoilers and body kits. Not only do they make thier own, they sell pretty much every companies products.
They do custom jobs all the time.
I was told we are getting it cheaper because we inititated this and we should have a UK spoiler they can copy.

These guys are willing to make us a hatch spoiler for the NG900/9-3.
ESTIMATED cost is $250.
This is an ESTIMATE and could be a few dollars more or less. Much of this has to do with what material they use to make it.
I would guess the price would be NO higher then $275. I am just guessing and hoping it's more like $250-$260.
The catch:
The will not even consider this unless we have 24 orders and we pay in advance.

Please be sure about this. If we get 24 and someone backs out at the last minute, we all get screwed.

1) Peregrine/CleveSaab
2) Abduckted
3) Mg_td
4) Ricot
5) RCM Design
6) Maallen40
7) TristanTumble
8 ) Stephen Z
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18 )
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)

25)

Thanks to TSL ( http://www.saablink.net )

I will keep a tally at both places.

Thread where the idea started

No one thinks we can get 24 @ $250 each.
Could we get 96 for $150 each?
I can dream, can't I?
:cry:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Wow, I really like the spoiler, but at 250 dollars each I'm thinking there will be little demand. 250 is too much for my blood considering I just paid 400 for an entire body kit! (I realise it was clearanced!) 150 sounds more reasonable, but to get 96 orders, I just don't think that will happen. I will watch this thread and see what happens, thanks for the info!

Tboy

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
oooh! Actually, if you think about it this spoiler would probably raise the value on your car to match or go above $250 if you ever sell your car to another enthusiast. You NEVER see those spoilers.

I am going to keep this one in mind.. i like it.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They don't exist in the US which is why you don't see them much. Hell you don't see them much in the UK either and they actually sold them there. That's why it's so expensive.
No it does nothing for the car but look good.
If we get 24 orders they will hopefully make one for the 900 and 9-3.

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
Are you going to make the spoiler compatible with the 9-3? I have an original on my NG900, and it only has clearance for the pointy rear windshield wiper sprayer, not the large wide combination brake light/sprayer on the 9-3. If you guys get this thing going, my car's not going to be so unique in the US anymore! :cry:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Didn't feel like signing up on another Saab site, but please....I'm down for one. Been wanting one of these for years. Let me know when this is to happen.

Michael

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Melovesha said:
does it cover the top brake light?
It probably would on the 9-3...but the NG has it's 3rd brake light at the bottom of the rear window...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
20Ted said:
It probably would on the 9-3...but the NG has it's 3rd brake light at the bottom of the rear window...
It would not obscure it completely, it would still be visible when lit. We are trying to get one made to fit the 9-3 without modifying anything, that way it will ALSO fit the NG900 no problem.

tristan tumble said:
yeah, im in for one as well,...will this go ahead....?
Please sign up if you are serious. we will need you to prepay at some point if we get the 24 people needed to move forward.

Here is the spoiler we have to use to get measurements and modify...all we need now is about 20 more serious people. so please sign up if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
So as of now its going to be about 240-275ish without shipping and unpainted correct?

If there is anyway that the price can come down than I will be interested...I honestly would rather spend the money on a Vig wing for a lil more.

But I know that not many have this and the exclusiveness of this is whats making this the hot item...Im torn.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The price will drop for every 24 orders.

So for 48 it would be cheaper. 96 cheaper still.
But since we can't even get 10.... :roll:

Can we sticky this for a few weeks?

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm assuming it's unpainted. The original requires drilling into the hatch. Scary concept, I know, so I think I'd have a pro do it.

Going to sticky this for a few weeks.

Yes it would be expensive but exclusivity ain't cheap.
Also, I think a lot of folks are losing sight of how expensive ANY spoiler/wing is for our cars.

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
CleveSaab said:
The original requires drilling into the hatch. Scary concept, I know, so I think I'd have a pro do it.
It's not bad. I made up a template for mine before drilling the three holes. There's no chance of hitting anything below two of them, but I did nick the big wiring plug below the far left hole. Good thing there's a lot of plastic there!

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
anyone care to cost out shipping to the UK, It is a discontinued item here, having now seen one fitted to a Talladega - I like! Cleve' are these guys willing to ship overseas?

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dunno' Raggy. Either way I would certainly be willing to ship you one from Ohio if they won't.
I believe someone paid 90 'UK dollars' to get it shipped here.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I just purchased a whaletail replica for my SPG from SAS & the total shipped was $247

I think $240-275 for the NG900/9-3 tail in a group buy is VERY high! I would try to get the price down & if it does drop a bit I would throw one on my viggen

1 - 20 of 28 Posts