SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 vert and the remote only opens the hatch. Here are the other symptoms. When using the key in the drivers door I can only unlock the drivers door manually. (There is no noise from the motors on either side) I can only use the drivers door lock (manually) when the door is closed. I believe that function is working correctly. I have the WIC software and I'm wondering if anyone thinks it could be the wire from the TWICE-pin 22 to J124? Also, has reseating connectors fixed problems on the Saabs?
More info; New car to me. Dealer said it's the TWICE. Only have one remote (I know, I know.....)

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
What's the big deal with just using the key? I do it all the time because I don't trust Saab remotes. I just use the first lock position, not the second, just in case. A wiring diagram would help to see where the wire you're talking about is routed. I have a wiring diagram for a '97, but not for your car. Checking continuety with a VOM would involve removing the door panels and trunk lining and digging out the Twice unit. You might try monitoring pin 22 with a VOM and expect an open when it's idle and a ground when the lock release operates. If you have seen the thread for the 3 jumpers that bypass the Twice module, just be aware that the jumpers only work on the NG-900s, not the 9-3's according to Swedecar... Ron

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update.... I thought I would go ahead and disconnect the battery and reseat the connectors going to each door just for grins. Good news is it worked great for about 15-30 minutes. After that it stopped working again. Later I'll verify if it works each time I disconnect the battery. The main problem with using the key is that the passenger door doesn't have a key hole and it makes opening the door for my wife impossible. Call me old fashioned.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
What's the big deal with just using the key? I do it all the time because I don't trust Saab remotes. I just use the first lock position, not the second, just in case. A wiring diagram would help to see where the wire you're talking about is routed. I have a wiring diagram for a '97, but not for your car. Checking continuity with a VOM would involve removing the door panels and trunk lining and digging out the Twice unit. You might try monitoring pin 22 with a VOM and expect an open when it's idle and a ground when the lock release operates. If you have seen the thread for the 3 jumpers that bypass the Twice module, just be aware that the jumpers only work on the NG-900s, not the 9-3's according to Swedecar... Ron
X squared on this one..
I guess some people stare, laugh, and quietly say "how quaint".
These conveniences can be expensive, and most inconvenient when down.
To our OK Corral Saab New Owner.
Do buy that second transmitter; I suspect the old one is old and tired, its battery on the edge. These are cleanable..

http://pages.infinit.net/mlbriand/saab/remote/page1.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts