SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cant seem to able to pull the trigger on a tech2 scanner, as the saabs are the only GM cars I own. I also think it's unlikely that I will purchase a different GM car in the future. So I am on the lookout for some tech2 alternatives. I understand that tje tech2 is only tool that will allow for full bi-directional control. I am more interested in being able to pull error codes from all the modules. According to their website the autel ap200 has access to pretty much all the saab modules. The catch is that the tool only provides support for 1 vehicle make, each additional manufacturer costs 15$/year.

This tool is twice as expensive in Canada, before I buy I'm curious if any of you guys have given it a shot.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Try typing "autel" into the search bar. Plenty of threads here that have discussed this.

It may be worthwhile on a 9-5, I dunno.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just cant seem to able to pull the trigger on a tech2 scanner, as the saabs are the only GM cars I own. I also think it's unlikely that I will purchase a different GM car in the future. So I am on the lookout for some tech2 alternatives. I understand that tje tech2 is only tool that will allow for full bi-directional control. I am more interested in being able to pull error codes from all the modules. According to their website the autel ap200 has access to pretty much all the saab modules. The catch is that the tool only provides support for 1 vehicle make, each additional manufacturer costs 15$/year.

This tool is twice as expensive in Canada, before I buy I'm curious if any of you guys have given it a shot.

Thanks!
The MDI works too, I my opinion a better one then the Tech2. There are plenty of alternatives especially if all you want to do is diagnose. I am not sure about the AP200, $15 a year is really not that bad in general except there really is nothing more to update with these car as far as diagnostics tools are concerned. The XTuner or the VPecker can access all the modules in the Saab and works with many other car lines too. I purchased the VPecker for the name alone so we could have some laughs, turns out it is way more then we thought and for some models it's as good as our factory tools that we spent thousands on. Snap-on actually removed all Saab diagnostics from their line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts