SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bosch MAF sensor was running okay until it started intermittently failing (no signal at all). I had an EEuroParts TPI MAF sensor around so I put that in and it ran like crap and threw a burn-off error CEL. So I returned it and got another TPI. This one runs much better but still throws that burn-off CEL.

So I put a multimeter on pin 8 of the LH2.4, ran the car over 2500, shut it down and no 4 volts. Did that with two different LH2.4 ECUs, same thing; no 4.0V. I heard a faint click 4 seconds after I shut off the engine but no 4 volts. So I put my Bosch sensor back in (recall that it was working *okay* most of the time but failing intermittently). Got the 4 volts and the sensor burned off fine.

What are the differences between the sensors that could cause this? I did notice that there's 18 kilohms between the burn off pin and ground on the Bosch sensor but only 1.6 kilohms on the TPI sensor, which would mean the TPI burn-off gets about 10x the current as the Bosch sensor for a given voltage, which the ECU probably can't supply. I'm somewhat tempted to add a ~16 kilohm resistor in line with that pin and see if it works correctly. But this is two in a row, are these things junk?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts