SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sorry for all the posts regarding carbon fiber guys... I've just got a lot of to use and a bunch of places to be wrapped.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever used the 3M carbon fiber wrap on their interior door panels. Ive been searching everywhere but havent had any luck.

I've got the ugly wood in my car and I think it'd look cool to do the 4 panels, the center panel, and the glove box handle.

I found some directions online to detach the interior door panels but it looks pretty laborious :confused:

Here it is:

http://www.saabcentral.com/~viscouse/SGFOG_docs/12798395_Door_Trim_Decor_Strip.pdf

·
Registered
602 Posts
Be careful with the side panels, I broke most of my tabs in the BA k, but there on fine with double sided tape. Middle is easy, I still have to do my glovebox trim. Oh yeah middle is just 3 screws, 2 are under the little panel under the stereo.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be careful with the side panels, I broke most of my tabs in the BA k, but there on fine with double sided tape. Middle is easy, I still have to do my glovebox trim. Oh yeah middle is just 3 screws, 2 are under the little panel under the stereo.

Yeah did you have to sodder them back in when you put the panels back in? Because step #10 on the directions says you have to sodder the pins on the trim panel...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah. to much work lol. 2 of mine fit back in fine, and the other 2 are on with double sided tape. Noone can even tell.
Haha nice. I'm gonna try to follow the directions but I may have to resort to what you did. Do you have any pics of your CF door panels?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Just do a search. Covered so many times. Most people do drill the tabs out. Then epoxy or jb weld the trim back on. Unless you have facyory tabs and the ability to melt them you'll just need to attach the trim some other way.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting stuff and awjones that looks awesome... I appreciate it guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts