SaabCentral Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
The NA cars that have a crank-mounted sensor (1988+ IIRC) use a different damper than a turbo. You can use the NA damper on turbo cars, but not the other way around.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It can be frustrating working on older odd ball stuff where there are no parts available new and those that knew them back to front have all retired or are no longer with us. I have a 80 year old vehicle in my stable and have had to become the expert on them as no others are still around.
Things get mis labeled on the internet, as it isn't generally those sell it are trying to deceive, but just that they got it wrong. Doesn't make your life any easier.
Damper doctor was the name I was trying to remember when I said balancer doctor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Alright guys thanks for sticking with me :)
I have been allowed to return the vibration damper, and bought the proper one. The seller did not know there was a difference.
I also bought a new power steering pump because mine is generally shot. From what I read, that is a fun one lol. So I’ll wait til my delivery on Thursday and get crackin. Busy weekend so might not be able to complete til after the weekend.
Another question. My turn signal stalk fell apart. I’m thinking of making a little diy switch in the mean time, anybody know the pin out for the indicator? I assume it’s the ground and then one terminal per indication side (left/right). I’ll use a spare 3-position switch that is off in the center and rig the left/right on either side of the switch. I’d like to use this til I can throw some money at a turning stalk which I believe is another $125 or so.
Thanks again, team!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Disregard the turn signal question, I’ve found some info and will post a different thread if I actually do it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Alright ITS RUNNING AND DRIVING SMOOTHLY!!!
Got that new balancer with the hall plate on it, fired right up. I even was able to get the bolt to finally hit the right thread and it tightened right up!!
I’m not gonna JimmyRig the turn signal, I’m gonna suck it up and buy a used one.
I need to get the hood banged out still after the deer incident, and there is a coolant leak that I might have traced to that large coolant pipe that runs along the bottom of the engine bay, on the (American) drivers side. Has a buncha metal lines coming off it as I recall, I’ll start a new thread.
Again guys, thanks so much for being here for me!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
If it is an auto trans, then you are likely seeing the trans cooler in the lower rad hose.
Could be the hose or could be the trans cooler has rotted and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Happy to say I was able to squeeze the coolant tube which you described (very well, thank you) and I was able to find 3 hairline cracks in the coolant reservoir. I will replace this and let you know. Anyone have one for purchase or I’ll scoop second hand if they don’t have em new.
JR

41 - 48 of 48 Posts