SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks...

Went to go out this morning and it took a good 7-8 tries to start the car (03 Aero). Finally started, ran a little rough then smoothed out. Went about 1/2 mile and it just died out. Started right back up again...went another 1/2 mile and it died again. Turned around and made it back to the house. No smoke, no smells, no warnings, no CEL.

Just under 24k miles on the clock, new plugs at about 18-19k, new DIC at 14k, and been using the same gas as always...Shell Vpower 93 octane.

Any ideas of anything that I can check/do before I call the dealer? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply Kermit...

Will either of these (Crank Piston Sensor or Throttle Body) throw an error code? I can just imagine getting it to the dealer and having a "nothing found" or "cannot replicate" on the service receipt.

I guess all in all it could be worse...at least it's still under warranty. :roll:

Thanks!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Throittle body should do and put it in limp home mode, the CPS doesnt give any warnings at all :roll:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool beans...thanks much guys. We'll see what happens with this...I guess the're still ironing out the bugs as they say. :lol:

Without starting a new thread, I'll just highjack my own here...anyone ever see this happen? I've had many cars and never had a door seal just fall apart like this. Maybe it's getting pinched in the door wrong somehow? I tried to see if it's from me rubbing against it while getting in and out of the car, but I'm an easy 6-8 inches away from it. Hoping this doesn't count as a "wear and tear" item and they'll replace under warranty. Maybe water getting in there somehow?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts