SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to fathom more about the clutch with my 9000. The gears all shift fine, but I think the clutch is not fully retracting when I push the pedal down as there are some just noticable clunks when I shift in/out of gears (esp. lower ones) with the clutch pedal pushed all the way down.

First thing I will do is look at bleeding the clutch. I've never had a c900 with a manual trans so is there anything to keep in mind when doing it on a 9000?

I need to replace the rear brake disks and pads soon too so perhaps I could do that, and bleed the brakes and clutch as a 'job lot' to renew the brake fluid as part of the work... hmm.

Craig.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Pressure bleeder works better according to most posts. If the 90 still uses the MC sitting on the bulkhead area under the back edge of the hood (bonnet) then they are prone to failure of the internal spring which gives your symptoms. Try bleeding first and then a new MC. Later cars use an MC under the dash (fascia) above the clutch pedal and they are bulletproof. My 97 Aero is on its factory original MC at 225,000 km and second clutch kit.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pressure bleeder works better according to most posts. If the 90 still uses the MC sitting on the bulkhead area under the back edge of the hood (bonnet) then they are prone to failure of the internal spring which gives your symptoms. Try bleeding first and then a new MC. Later cars use an MC under the dash (fascia) above the clutch pedal and they are bulletproof. My 97 Aero is on its factory original MC at 225,000 km and second clutch kit.
Thanks for the advice. THe other things I want to check out are the shift rod coupler (have to get under the car to see that I think) and maybe if the shifter mechanism in the car is worn. But I think it might be a clutch thing.

Craig.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Coupler is fairly easy to see from above. It is below the brake master cylinder and should be visible looking down between the bell housing and the firewall. Later design is very robust. Earlier design fails eventually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts