SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realised I haven't made an introduction thread. So here goes. I'm Hans, currently 34 years old and I live in Belgium. I design tanktrailers for a living. Back in 2009 I bought my first Saab. It was an 2004 9-3. I put 100000km on it, then the turbo blew and I ended up selling it with 256000km on the clock. After that I went back to my first love, and bought a '97 Civic sedan. I just loved how simple these cars were compared to the Saab, no electrical gremlins and everything just did what it wanted to do. But after a couple of years I started to miss Saab again, so sold the Civic and went on the lookout for a 9-5. So in January this year, I bought my second Saab, a 2006 9-5 with 89000km and a 1.9TiD engine.

the 9-3

and the 9-5

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The engine is different in feel then the 2.2 in the 9.3. The 1.9TiD feels nervous, almost like a petrol engine (also because of the short 5 speed gear box). But since I'm used to nervous petrol engined cars, I kinda like it. Only problem is that it isn't a highway cruiser. With the wifes Audi A4 I can hit 150kmh at around 2750 rpm, with the 9-5 the revs are at 3600 rpm, what makes it less comfortable. But that's the only downside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.