SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
i clicked the link and it took me to some fuses...is that correct?
yeah, but from what i read. the fuses allow us to bypass the the stock radio when we hook up an aftermarket headunit.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
yeah, but from what i read. the fuses allow us to bypass the the stock radio when we hook up an aftermarket headunit.
It still wont do any good. Yes we can bypass the can bus and wire up an aftermarket stereo, but that still doesnt change the fact that our amps are fiber optic, you will still need to replace all aspects of the radio in order to put an aftermarket system in your car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
those fuses are completely pointless, the only thing it does is give you a switched power source via the fuse box aka a more advanced fuse tap, if you want ignition go to the blue wire in the center console on the driver side the wire going to the ignition if you want accessory go to the cig lighter they will both do the same thing only and it is way more reliable then a fuse tap and no under no circumstances does this get around the fiberoptics in the car if you want and aftermarket radio just unplug the cdchanger and put the radio there i swear on my life your car will still start if you unplug the cd player as i have done it the only thing you cant unplug is the ehu behind the climate control panel that must stay intact.

for everyone that says you cant take that cd player out or have to get it unmarried your insane haha

just trying to clear the air here. not a negative post in anyway those fuses are totally cool if you dont feel comfortable with wiring or using a multimeter to test wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts