SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's is 450 kilometers away in her 2004 Saab 9-5 and it is a bank holiday weekend. She blew a front tyre on the way which was changed and got to her destination no problem. She has texted me to say that now about a minute into driving the hahdbrake warning light, abs warning light, traction control light and central warning light all come on and stay on. Apart from the 'ding' sound on the SID no other message comes up. When she starts the car the check engine goes through its test without a problem. Any one know what the problem is and is it safe for her to grive the car?

cheers
blackjak

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Since this happened shortly after experiencing a blown front tire, my guess is that the electrical connector to the wheel speed sensor for that tire has become dislodged.

No problem with continuing to drive the car. Just make sure she knows she no longer has a working Anti-lock Brake System. The brakes will continue to work fine, but the computerized system that automatically pulses the brakes on slippery surfaces is now inactive.

Drive a little more cautiously on slippery roads is all she needs to do until this is fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts