SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92-9000s

My problem is the hand brake, it never seems to stay in adjustment but i cannot tell any changes in the nuts where the cables attach to the handle. I've adjusted them from the handle and from the calipers for it to only work well for maybe a week slowly just doing nothing. Only thing i can notice is that the calipers in the rear aren't in new sort of shape but they've all been bleed and work. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
So, you tighten then rear caliper hex nut till you can rotate the wheel by hand and it will stop spinning after one revolution, and it still becomes loose?

Klim

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Does the HB handle definitely stay in the position you pulled it up to or has it dropped at all? I had a MK2 VW Golf before where the ratchet of the handle was worn, and one day, it just fell straight down when pulled up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too am having handbrake problems. Wife's 91 9000 needed e-brake cables. I swapped in a new passengers side one (wasn't going to drop the tank), adjusted it as directed and it still wont grab? Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I would just try adjusting it a bit in, making the pads tighter. THen taking for a ride. Drive, then stop come out and smell the rear wheels. If smells like brakes, then lossen a bit. If not, then you are good.

Just my 2 cents.

klim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts