SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met the wife at a local watering hole yesterday afternoon and when I put my '08 9-5 2.3T in park I was momentarily distracted by something or other - and then something absolutely wonderful happened. I noticed that I could NOT tell if my car was still running or not. There was some light traffic not too far away and apparently that completely drowned out the sound of my engine running, and it was idling sooooo smooth I couldn't feel it running while I sat there in silence. I was totally confused!! LOL!! I found myself wondering if the engine stalled but there were no dash lights on and the tach was reading about 800 rpms. Dead steady at 800 rpms. I actually had to step on the gas to see if the engine was still running!!

Our 4 cylinder engines are not exactly famous for their smoothness, but I can now attest that they absolutely can run so smooth that a lack of hearing and feeling the motor running will make your mind question what your eyes are seeing while looking at the dash. It's awesome. ;ol;

<sigh> I love my car..... :cheesy:

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
The older 9-5 models the in gear idle rpms could be raised to lessen vibration. I doubt that you'd need mounts this soon.

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,293 Posts
Met the wife at a local watering hole yesterday afternoon and when I put my '08 9-5 2.3T in park I was momentarily distracted by something or other - and then something absolutely wonderful happened. I noticed that I could NOT tell if my car was still running or not. There was some light traffic not too far away and apparently that completely drowned out the sound of my engine running, and it was idling sooooo smooth I couldn't feel it running while I sat there in silence. I was totally confused!! LOL!! I found myself wondering if the engine stalled but there were no dash lights on and the tach was reading about 800 rpms. Dead steady at 800 rpms. I actually had to step on the gas to see if the engine was still running!!

Our 4 cylinder engines are not exactly famous for their smoothness, but I can now attest that they absolutely can run so smooth that a lack of hearing and feeling the motor running will make your mind question what your eyes are seeing while looking at the dash. It's awesome. ;ol;

<sigh> I love my car..... :cheesy:
Yeah my pass. side rear window stopped working.....it was 1/4 way down of course. Took out the main center switch panel ( touched nothing) put it back in and wha-la back to normal. That was over a month ago and still working as before. Love cars that fix themselves. Waiting for the engine to idle at 800 like yours now. I do need motor mounts up top soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts