SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working to fit the subject top to my 92 900, and I've come to a small problem I haven't read about before. On the Stayfast Top, where it attaches to the 4th bow, there are two slits (from the factory to help lessen wrinkles) in the top - one on either side. The issue I'm having is that I can't stretch the top back far enough in order for the strip that attaches to the bow to cover it. The front of the top is still loose. The only thing I've done so far is fit the glass section and reattach the stay fabric. Has anyone else had this issue when fitting this top?

Thanks in advance,

Dustin

·
Registered
61 Posts
where it attaches to the 4th bow, there are two slits (from the factory to help lessen wrinkles) in the top - one on either side. The issue I'm having is that I can't stretch the top back far enough in order for the strip that attaches to the bow to cover it.
Hi Dustin,

I have never fitted a hood before but I do know this to be an issue. When I bought my 'vert it had just had a new hood fitted about 6 months earlier and whoever did it clearly had no idea because the stitches on the slits you mention are not under the covering bow. As it happens, it doesn't seem to cause a problem, it just annoys me when I see it:cry:

Anyway, there is a set of instructions on the Townsendimports website that might be of some help.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, the top is where it's supposed to be, I can tell by the way the edges on the top at the quarter windows lie. The only thing I can think of is that somehow I got the fourth bow out of place, but the stay fabric is tight all around when the top is closed.

Dustin

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do keep us updated as I will need to replace the top in my red Saab sometime this year
I ended up having to shorten the length of the stay pad (about half an inch) between the third and fourth bows to pull the fourth bow further forward and line up the slits. It looks like it will turn out fine, though I hadn't read about anyone else having to do it.

Ames

1 - 5 of 5 Posts