SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H4 VS 9003 head light bulbs
are they the same or what is the diffrence between them? idk the plugs are the same. so i dont know i thought i would ask...

they are for a 97 900s saab

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
H4 is the European designation and 9003 is the US designation, but the bulbs are the same. For some reason motorcycle headlights still go by H4 in the US.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
:eek: Really? Interesting.

The only time I see 9003 designations is on overseas ads; every bulb I have looked for int he US was designated H4.

I never even realized they matched up :cheesy:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Headlights

I just purchased some headlights today and they had a reference to 9003 and H4. I had a dual front headlight failure with our recent cold in Spokane. I searched the forums for recommendations since I just replaced them last summer:cry: . What I found from a post was the "other" lightbulb in the headlights that is evidently designed to absorb some of the current and keep the headlights from burning out so quickly. Both of the other smaller bulbs were burned out. The poster said he replaced his smaller bulbs and had not had to replace a headlight for two years! Hopefully that will be the case. I will see. That is one of those quirky things that should be stickeyed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well as for the little bulb i pulled out because i no longer have a use for it. i had just put on an hid dual beam kit that came with its own wiring kit. it only plugs into one of the light socket.
pcmalen said:
I just purchased some headlights today and they had a reference to 9003 and H4. I had a dual front headlight failure with our recent cold in Spokane. I searched the forums for recommendations since I just replaced them last summer:cry: . What I found from a post was the "other" lightbulb in the headlights that is evidently designed to absorb some of the current and keep the headlights from burning out so quickly. Both of the other smaller bulbs were burned out. The poster said he replaced his smaller bulbs and had not had to replace a headlight for two years! Hopefully that will be the case. I will see. That is one of those quirky things that should be stickeyed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts